The Fruitland Chamber of Commerce was founded in 1992 with a mission of “Bringing Unity to the Community.”
The chamber’s focus is to help our businesses grow and prosper while making a positive impact in the community in which we live and serve. General membership meetings are held at noon on the third Wednesday of each month (except July and August), providing an opportunity to learn from guest speakers and network with members and visitors.
Our board of directors includes: President Mark Outten, Hammond Wealth Management; Vice President Nicole Thompson, Woodforest National Bank; Treasurer Paula Brown, First Shore Federal and Secretary Lynn Creasy, Four Square Benefits.
The chamber is proud to sponsor the following annual events/programs:
• Fruitland Chamber of Commerce College Scholarship Award – available to Fruitland residents who have been accepted as a full-time student to any university or community college. The deadline to apply is April 1.
• Citizen, Business, Police Officer and Fireman of the Year – Awarded each year at the chamber’s annual banquet in November to honor and recognize those individuals and businesses that go above and beyond for the Fruitland community.
• Main Street flags and lighted Christmas decorations – changed seasonally to beautify Main Street.
• Salvation Army Bell Ringing
• Annual Christmas Lighting Ceremony at City Hall – held at City Hall the week after Thanksgiving, this event kicks off the holiday season with music, caroling and visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus delivered by the Fruitland Fire Department.
• Annual Easter Parade – a great time for local businesses and organizations to gather together and participate in a community parade.
The chamber, which includes over 50 area businesses, invites you to join and become an active member.
Nov. 17 – Annual Awards Banquet, 6 p.m.
Nov. 28 – Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
Nov. 28 – Salvation Army Bell Ringing
Dec. 21 – General Membership Meeting