(March 16, 2021 Salisbury, MD) The Wicomico County Health Department will now open vaccination clinics to all individuals in Phase 1C, while still offering vaccine to Phase 1A and 1B individuals. Under the Maryland Vaccination Plan, Phase 1C includes the following groups:
- 65 and older
- All other public safety (not in Phase 1A)
- All other healthcare (not in Phase 1A), including, but not limited to, Lab Services, Public Health, Vaccine Manufacturing, other healthcare professions
- Food and Agriculture Production
- Critical Manufacturing
- U.S. Postal Service
- Public Mass Transit
- Grocery Stores employees
- Veterinarians and Support Staff
- Clergy and other essential support for houses of worship
- Certain immunocompromised individuals who are currently receiving hospital-based treatment, including in hospital outpatient centers AND diagnosed with at least one of the following conditions
o Cancer patients who are currently in active treatment
o End stage renal disease patients requiring hemodialysis ○ Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
o Solid organ transplant recipients
o Sickle cell disease patients
o Diabetic patients (Type 1 and Type 2)
o Individuals who are diagnosed with these medical conditions but are not currently receiving hospital-based treatment will be eligible to receive the vaccine in Maryland’s Phase 2 COVID-19 vaccine distribution. Hospital-based health care providers should work with the clinics within their hospital that manage the care of these patients to vaccinate these individuals.
To request a vaccine appointment, please email Wicomico.COVIDvax@maryland.gov and include your age or what phase you fall in and how you qualify for that phase. The Health Department will email you a link to make an appointment when appointments are available (DO NOT SHARE THE LINK). PLEASE UNDERSTAND IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE YOUR FIRST DOSE FROM THE HEALTH DEPT, WE CANNOT ADMINISTER YOUR SECOND DOSE.
For those with scheduled appointments, please bring the following to the vaccination center:
- Proof of age (Drivers License)
- Proof of employment (ID or note on company letterhead)
- Government ID
Information about the vaccine distribution in Maryland and priority phases can be found at covidlink.maryland.gov. Want to stay updated on local COVID-19 news? Connect with the health department at www.wicomicohealth.org or through our social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram (WicomicoHealth) or Twitter (@WicomicoHealth).