State agencies encourage COVID-19 testing
WILMINGTON, Del. – Governor John Carney, the Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH), and the Delaware Emergency Management Agency (DEMA) announced the list of community testing sites throughout Delaware this week. Testing locations listed below include pop-up and Curative trailer sites, as well as community sites hosted by the Henrietta Johnson Medical Center.
“Testing is the best way to track the spread of COVID-19 and monitor for potential outbreaks. But it’s not a replacement for basic prevention measures that we know work,” said Governor Carney. “Wear a mask. Think twice before gathering with friends or family outside your household. Consider celebrating the holidays a little differently this year. It won’t be easy but that’s how we’ll limit the spread of COVID-19, and beat this virus. Stay vigilant.”
DEMA has coordinated community sites this week in addition to sites at Walgreens and at various hospitals and health care locations. Delawareans can view a full list of COVID-19 testing locations and reserve a spot at de.gov/gettested.
Delawareans are encouraged to check the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services’ social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) for testing location updates due to inclement weather.
Sussex County Pop-Up Testing Locations
- **Monday, November 23 from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.: Epworth UM Church (19285 Holland Glade Rd, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971)
- Monday, November 23 from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.: Delaware Tech Owens Campus (21179 College Dr, Georgetown, DE 19947)
- Tuesday, November 24 from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.: Milford High School (1019 N Walnut St, Milford, DE 19963)
- Wednesday, November 25 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Laurel Elementary School (815 South, N Central Ave, Laurel, DE 19956)
- Saturday, November 28 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Lewes Fire Department (32198 Janice Rd, Lewes, DE 19958)
**Site is nearing capacity limit.
Anyone with a question about COVID-19, whether related to medical or social service needs, should call Delaware 2-1-1. Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing can text their ZIP code to 898-211. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Report a business for COVID-19 non-compliance using this form.
DPH will continue to update the public as more information becomes available. For the latest on Delaware’s response, go to de.gov/coronavirus.