(March 23, 2020, Salisbury, MD) The Wicomico County Health Department received notification over the weekend that two more Wicomico County residents tested positive for COVID-19. As these numbers are likely to increase, the health department will not issue a Press Release on each case. Instead visit the health department’s website www.wicomicohealth.org which will be updated daily to reflect the county’s latest stats.
The Wicomico County Health Department and PRMC continues to operate its COVID-19 Call Center. Wicomico and Somerset County residents can contact the call center at (410) 341-4600 or 410-219-6889, Monday through Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Although the call center cannot share any additional details about confirmed cases, they can help answer residents’ questions.
The health department strongly urges the public to take all possible precaution to help prevent the spread of this illness. Take these everyday steps to help protect yourself and the community:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, your sleeve or your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using standard cleaning practices
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- With the Governors Executive orders please consider staying home if at all possible
- Do not have gatherings with more than 10 people
Please also remember that not everyone needs to be tested. If you are having symptoms contact your primary care provider who will determine if you need to be tested.
For information on COVID-19, visit the Maryland Department of Health at www.health.maryland.gov or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov or contact the Wicomico County Health Department’s Call Center at (40) 341. Local updates will be shared through the Wicomico County Health Department’s website at www.wicomicohealth.org or through social media on Facebook, Instagram (WicomicoHealth) or Twitter (@WicomicoHealth).